Why Work with Us
Our most senior landscape architect & architect will oversee your project
With 20 years’ experience, we bring specialist knowledge and skills to every design task.
Both principals have hands-on involvement in every project which means that we’re truly multi-disciplinary.
Each project starts with the client’s vision. Speaking about working with Phillips Marler, Joshua French, Principal Program Officer – Recreation and Infrastructure, Western Sydney Parklands/ Parramatta Park Trusts, said:
“Working closely with David Phillips and the team, I was impressed by their passion, enthusiasm and attention to detail. The final scheme incorporates all the specific technical details required for successful bird watching and will provide an innovative, robust and beautiful structure when constructed.”
We take a collaborative approach
Collaboration is the basis of all successful landscape design. The creation of great public spaces is the result of team synergy between our design team and clients.
Our many years of working with clients and consultants have taught us one thing. Cooperation is crucial to the success of every project.
“Phillips Marler bridges the gap between landscape architecture and natural and cultural heritage to make functional, yet beautiful public and private space. They excel at the unusual site – not the average.”
Nick Mitchell, Structural and Civil Engineer, Richmond + Ross Pty Ltd
Creating client value is our focus
Beautiful design that is fit for purpose creates value.
We have sound processes in place ensuring we understand every client’s needs and requirements.
We want to make the project process as smooth as possible. That’s why we provide the right level of reporting and feedback to keep everyone in the loop.
Phillips Marler has a reputation for simple, thoughtful designs in a range of complex and intricate sites in the public domain.
We’re proud to have won several awards for projects across a range of sites and landscapes.
Our awards include:
- Finalist Public Buildings Category, Randwick City Council Urban Design Awards 2015 for Heffron Park Sports Amenities Building
- Finalist Public Buildings Category, Randwick City Council Urban Design Awards 2013 for Baker Park Amenities Building
- National Commendation, Paths Category CCAA Award 2013, Johnston’s Canal Shared Path
- Finalist, inaugural NSW Premiers People’s Choice Awards, AILA State Awards 2012, Audley Dance Hall Precinct, Royal National Park
- Finalist, NSW Premiers People’s Choice Award Johnstons Canal Shared Path AILA State Awards 2013, Johnstons Canal Shared Path
- National Commendation, Paths category CCAA Awards 2011, Bali Memorial Link
- Bedlam Bay Interpretive Walk for NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service, AILA National Award for Design 2004 and Merit Award for Design NSW State Awards 2004
- Project Award of Merit, AILA National Awards 2002, Ironbark Ridge for NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service
We are listed as preferred consultants for a range of local and state government authorities including:
- City of Sydney
- NSW Roads and Maritime Services
- Government Architect’s Strategy and Design Excellence Prequalification Scheme – Architecture and Landscape Architecture
- Local Government Procurement
- Randwick and Waverley Councils
- Ryde Council
Find out more about practice principals Julie Marler and David Phillips here
Or meet the rest of the Phillips Marler team here